In Fresno the team even annually changes its name to the the Fresno Tacos! This epic promotion even has its own website, including a downloadable Doctors note so you can get out of work and make it to the game (from Dr. Al Pastor).
We love these pencil-them-in successes that have been built over time, like Pink the Rink in Kalamazoo, White Outs in Winnipeg and the Thanksgiving Game in Waterloo.
What is your best promotion year-to-year that is being built into one of these Iconic promotional tent poles for your team?
- Pink Promotional Anniversary in SA – San Antonio makes their own pink promotion historic and remarkable with a simple addition.
- Ice Will Be Pink for KZoo Facebook Replay – Colored Ice Tradition in Kalamazoo is alive and well despite their season being on hold.
- Turkey Day Tradition in Waterloo – The Waterloo Black Hawks are celebrating 50 years of their Thanksgiving Game, a promotions stuffed with all the trimmings.
- Fur Band 20 Year Celebration – Fightin’ Phils celebrate 20 years of their fun and furry Mascot Band.
- Anniversary of EPIC promotion from Saints – EPIC effort from the leaders in FUN, the Saint Paul Saints.
- Best of 2012 – Honorable Mention: Taco Truck Throwdown – Fresno’s Taco Truck Throwdown is promotion that speaks eloquently to the local fans, where Taco Trucks are a significant part of the culture. As for former Fresno VP Scott Carter and Gameops.com Panelist noted, promotions are most effective when are unique to your market and speaks directly to you fans.
— Fresno Grizzlies (@FresnoGrizzlies) September 30, 2021
Gameops.com Plus is a network to enhance the fan value of events. Twice a month we gather for an hour-long discussion on an industry topic with a special guest to share their insights. Leaders like Zack Frongillo (Savannah Bananas), Steve Johnston (Kroenke Sports), Claire Czerniuk (Detroit Pistons), Zoltan Berensci (Harlem Globetrotters), John Franzone (Tampa Bay Lightning), Tyler Ferraro (Vegas Golden Knights), Maurice Brazelton (Sacramento Kings), Jackie Maldonado (Houston Texans), Todd Bosma (Portland Trail Blazers), and Anton Wright (MLSE) have discussed a wide range of industry topics. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.