In the midst of a national polar vortex, everyone was thinking about the weather this week. Lehigh Valley Phantoms mascot MeLVin slid in with a quick skit.
We have talked a lot about skits and skit writing on the podcast with heavy hitters like David Raymond and Rob Wicall. One of the critical part to a good skit, is a definable beginning, middle and end.
- January 2018 Podcast – Mascot turned Author Zach Hall and Entertainer Rob Wicall.
- February 2017 Podcast – Rob Wicall and David Raymond join Cudo to talk about making moments and steps to improve mascot skit generation.
- June 2016 Podcast – Rob Wicall gives skit writing insight and notes the difference between a Bit and a Skit.
Here MeLVin is short, sweet and effective.
- Beginning – The shovel awaits (set during the snow storm), everyone can relate.
- Middle – MeLVin enters and knows what has to be done.
- End – MeLVin slowly and sadly accepts his fate.
It can be this simple, and when you have all three it can be this clear and effective.
… again. pic.twitter.com/BxlET2N0vo
— meLVin (@FUNWITHmeLVin) February 18, 2021