In the midst of a national polar vortex, everyone was thinking about the weather this week. Lehigh Valley Phantoms mascot MeLVin slid in with a quick skit.
We have talked a lot about skits and skit writing on the podcast with heavy hitters like David Raymond and Rob Wicall. One of the critical part to a good skit, is a definable beginning, middle and end.
- January 2018 Podcast – Mascot turned Author Zach Hall and Entertainer Rob Wicall.
- February 2017 Podcast – Rob Wicall and David Raymond join Cudo to talk about making moments and steps to improve mascot skit generation.
- June 2016 Podcast – Rob Wicall gives skit writing insight and notes the difference between a Bit and a Skit.
Here MeLVin is short, sweet and effective.
- Beginning – The shovel awaits (set during the snow storm), everyone can relate.
- Middle – MeLVin enters and knows what has to be done.
- End – MeLVin slowly and sadly accepts his fate.
It can be this simple, and when you have all three it can be this clear and effective.
… again. pic.twitter.com/BxlET2N0vo
— meLVin (@FUNWITHmeLVin) February 18, 2021
Game operations and entertainment in sports is growing, lively and diverse world. We are pulling together to talk about all aspects of event production and entertainment, and to get better along the way. Join us to connect, grow and advance. Memberships include a weekly Huddle Zoom Call with industry leaders and network members. September guests are Heather Wojciechowski-DeCaire from the Milwaukee Admirals, Barry Anderson from Chicago Mascots and Kari Norvell from the Austin Gilgronis. Conversations will focus on virtual takeaways from the pandemic season of 2020, performer-first costuming to empower your performer and creating custom music in an era that is increasing difficult to navigate music rights and clearances. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.