The Sabres had a goal of appreciating all their fans, yet only had a limited number at their games due to COVID safety. So the team turned their traditional Fan Appreciation Night into a social media and TV event to reach more fans.
In accordance with New York State regulation, fan attendance has been capped at 10% capacity in KeyBank Center.
The changes included:
- Fans in attendance will receive a token of appreciation at their seats when entering the bowl. The Sabres Store will be offering 40 percent off each fan’s total purchase.
- Random season-ticket holders attending the game will be part of the “We Score, You Win” promotion. During the game, those lucky fans will paired with a Sabres player. If that player scores in the game, that fan will win an autographed jersey.
- Season-ticket holders should also keep checking the team’s social media channels – including the exclusive Season-Ticket Holder Facebook group – throughout the day. Random season-ticket holders will be selected to win autographed jerseys.
- All fans will have an opportunity to win great prizes by entering contests and sweepstakes on social media as well.
- Fans will have the opportunity to earn swag when they make their picks in Friday’s edition of “Predict The Sabres.” Prizes will include jerseys, Game Night To Go packages, and pucks. Go to Sabres.com/Predict to play.
- Tune in to the game on MSG on Friday for Fan Appreciation Goes Digital festivities. The pregame show will begin at 6:30 p.m.
- During the first intermission, fans will have the opportunity to win a Reverse Retro jersey autographed by Dylan Cozens. A road white jersey autographed by Sam Reinhart will be up for grabs during the second intermission. And fans should stick around for the postgame show, where they’ll have the opportunity to win a virtual meet-and-greet and autograph session with Victor Olofsson.
- The team will honor Teddy Steeg as the 2020-21 Fan of the Year with a pregame tribute. (Water Cooler Post Background)
Fan Appreciation Night is set for April 23!
🔹 Gift bags for fans
🔹 40% off at the @SabresStore
🔹 Giveaways & contests
🔹 Fan Appreciation Goes Digital
— Buffalo Sabres (@BuffaloSabres) April 21, 2021
Gameops.com Plus is a network to enhance the fan value of events. Twice a month we gather for an hour-long discussion on an industry topic with a special guest to share their insights. Leaders like Zack Frongillo (Savannah Bananas), Steve Johnston (Kroenke Sports), Claire Czerniuk (Detroit Pistons), Zoltan Berensci (Harlem Globetrotters), John Franzone (Tampa Bay Lightning), Tyler Ferraro (Vegas Golden Knights), Maurice Brazelton (Sacramento Kings), Jackie Maldonado (Houston Texans), Todd Bosma (Portland Trail Blazers), and Anton Wright (MLSE) have discussed a wide range of industry topics. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.