Kalamazoo has always been a leader in the colored-ice space, they are home to the “Green Ice Game” since 1982 played on St. Patrick’s Day. It is one of the most celebrated traditions in minor league hockey.
Since then they have added several colored ice games, including Pink for Breast Health Awareness and Orange Ice for Halloween.
Now in 2022 they will introduce Rainbow Ice for a #HockeyIsForEveryone game.
Another ice innovation from the team that started it all.
- Stephen Doherty – Wings Green Ice Promotion – The Michigan K-Wings celebrated the 20-year anniversary of their now-famous Green Ice Promotion. Every St. Patrick’s Day for the last 20 years the K-Wings have dyed their ice green to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. (updated interview from 2001)
- Green Hat Trick for KZoo – Wings remind fans of their famous Green Ice Games and it reminds us of an archived interview.
- Ice Will Be Pink for KZoo Facebook Replay – Colored Ice Tradition in Kalamazoo is alive and well despite their season being on hold.
- Orange Ice in KZoo – No…this isn’t another Gritty social media stunt.
- Award-Winning Year of the Fan in KZoo – KZoo takes home the ECHL top honors for marketing in part for their epic year of the fan plan.
— Kalamazoo Wings (@KalamazooWings) October 5, 2021