Hockey teams with Pink the Rink and the NFL’s Wear Pink Initiative aren’t only ones supporting breast health in sports. Baseball teams like the Cubs are getting into the game.
The Dayton Dragon hit the high points with their recent Breast Health Night.
- All Dragons players, coaches, front office and game day staff will be wearing pink sweatbands during the game.
- The team passed out pink rally towels.
- Kettering Breast Evaluation Centers will also have a booth on the plaza.
- The American Cancer Society will have information on the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk which is being held at Fifth Third Field in October.
- Breast cancer survivor Kim Zeckser will throw out the ceremonial first pitch to her son Zachary, who will be catching for her.
Let's paint the park pink! Fans can bid on these game-worn jerseys with all proceeds to benefit @SusanGKomen.
🎟️ >> https://t.co/wZGIVd4zLh pic.twitter.com/JF4ahIYWAD
— Iowa Cubs (@IowaCubs) August 22, 2018