Having a celebrity in the crowd is always a gift. Even B-list celebrities can make your game seem like a happening the same way Jack Nicholson makes Laker games feel.
A simple camera shot and graphic welcoming them to the game can pop any crowd.
Finding a clever (and agreeable) use of a celebrity takes things up a notch even more. Here the Tigers found a way to use The Office actor Brian Baumgartner in an epic contest to name the most Office characters.
@cbssportsHe really is a legend for this 🤣 #theoffice #theofficetiktok #foryoupage #kevin #fyp #xyzbca #foryou♬ original sound – CBS Sports
Here are some more celebrity uses from around sports:
- Hanukkah Night Celebrity – Knicks tap famous player for promotional night video.
- Using Local Celebrities – NFL player goes home to drop that puck in Wichita.
- More Fun than a Pillow Fight – Three hockey teams toss it back to the 90’s in style and things get kinda radical in a hurry, including a visit by Snoop Dog.
- I Got Kids BRO! – Everyone is a winner when the WWE Superstars invade baseball teams… except Raymond.
- Presidential Kiss Cam – President’s Day Water Cooler Moment from the Atlanta Hawks.
Game operations and entertainment in sports is growing, lively and diverse world. We are pulling together to talk about all aspects of event production and entertainment, and to get better along the way. Join us to connect, grow and advance. Memberships include a weekly Huddle Zoom Call with industry leaders and network members. September guests are Heather Wojciechowski-DeCaire from the Milwaukee Admirals, Barry Anderson from Chicago Mascots and Kari Norvell from the Austin Gilgronis. Conversations will focus on virtual takeaways from the pandemic season of 2020, performer-first costuming to empower your performer and creating custom music in an era that is increasing difficult to navigate music rights and clearances. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.