The October Party in the Back rages with guest Rob Wicall and Jonny Greco. We take a look at the new article by Rob Wicall on Accountability and discuss the importance of being account for your own success and shortcomings in live events (and life). Including how to set the the cultural tone with your staff so everyone take responsibility for their stake in the show.
Jonny shares a powerful example of in-the-moment feedback that both noted a failure, inspired accountability and empowered a desire to improve. Plus Jonny offers a tweak to calling it Accountability and rebrand it “Producing your Position” along with the positive twist from PROS and CONS to PROS and GROWS (we don’t call him Captain Sunshine for nothing).
Be sure to read Rob’s article on Accountability as a supplement to this podcast.
Then we take a good look at a fantastic promotion from the LA Galaxy. Their Central American Heritage Night was interesting, innovative and touch many aspects across their game presentation. We wrapped up with a look forward at the October Huddles on Gameops.com Plus including the Mascot Mouse Trap or Giddy Up!
Thanks for listening and sharing the podcast.
- Last Month on the Podcast: This month we Party with Timberwolves VP of Fan Experience Jeff Munneke. Munn shares the Wolves plans for random acts of kindness, the importance of listening to your fan base and the value of a good swim cap. Plus a dose of crowd igniter Cameron Hughes.
- One Year Ago on the first episode of the Party in the Back Podcast: Sky Element Drone Pilot Preston Ward and Charlotte Sports Organist Greazy Keyz join the Party in the Back to talk about their entertaining additions to sports.
- Five Years Ago on The Gameops.com Podcast: Rob Wicall, Ben Hill and Royals Director of Event Presentation Don Constane join us for the October Pod. We tangle the nets of safety, look at the best promos of the month and get the lowdown on the MILB Promo Seminar.
- Accountability (Impact Moments Series) – Rob Wicall explains the importance of accountability for everyone working in Live Events.
- Recap: An Avalanche of Creativity with Steve Johnston – Steve Johnston from the Colorado Avalanche and Kroenke Sports & Entertainment shares insight into taking chances, pushing creativity and championship-level game presentation.
- Fan Art Highlights Towel Design and Great Theme Night – An excellent theme night from the Galaxy that includes a local artist designed Rally Towel.
- Join Gameops.com Plus – Gameops.com Plus is our network to enhance fan value and spark your creative game ops mind. Join now with our one month free trial.
- CONTACT – Link to contact us if you would like an invitation to one of the October Huddles (Mascot Mouse Trap or Giddy Up!)
RSS Feed: https://www.gameops.com/feed/podcast
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon (maybe)
Find the Podcast on iTunes or use our RSS feed directly.