MILB’s Benjamin Hill joins the podcast to talk about the best promotions in 2018 in Minor League baseball, which is a great starting point for the 2018 Best of Gameops.com Awards. We are currently collecting nomination for all categories for the 2018 Best of Awards, please click here to make a nomination.
Ben notes promotions from the Daytona Tortugas, Columbia Fireflies, Frisco Rough Riders, Charlestown Riverdogs, Lansing Lugnuts, Eugene Emeralds and Fresno Grizzlies. He also notes a great sponsored contest called Beat the Roach that promotes an Exterminator in his wide-ranging interview. Ben is always a great guest and with the awards on the horizon we love to hear from him about standout promotions and teams leading into the Best of Gameops.com Awards. Cudo and Hill also discuss Copa Nights and whether or not the promotions associated with them broke through.
“Have you ever been to a minor league front office? It’s all Millennials. It’s Millennials making fun of themselves. And now they are making fun of you cause you are being an idiot.”
– Ben Hill
View this post on Instagram
Before attending tonight’s Charlotte Knights game, I was able to stop by Levine Children’s Hospital. It was an honor to get a tour of the facility and do an interview at their in-house Seacrest Studios media center. A reminder, I’m raising money for Vs. Cancer this season at pledgeit.org/Bensbiz #charlotte #vscancer #levineschildrenshospital #charlotteknights
Next we have a quick interview with national touring act Cameron Hughes. Our new Entertainment Act pages highlight acts, including where they came from and what they are up to next. Cameron shares some background about his act as a great preview to his new Entertainment Act page.
Mentioned in this Month’s Podcast
- Unique Anthem Rings True
- Holy Sh*t. Toronto Goes All In.
- Warriors Get a Room
- Squirrels Flying to the Moon
- Chip takes one in the Chips
- Code of Conduct – Creating a “Mascot Code of Conduct” can help ensure your performer projects your brand and helps you avoid potentially catastrophe.
- Audio App Review – Instant audio playback tools are critical for your in-game experience, and all you need is one of these apps available for your smart phone.
- High 5 – Pittsburgh Pirates – High Five is a game review series from Gameops.com where we find five ways a team is going above and beyond to make their show great. This first review is from the Pittsburgh Pirates in July 2018.
- Last month on the Podcast – Edmonton Oil Kings Daniel Troiani and Kevin Radomski to discuss their promo calendar and their signature promotions the Teddy Bear Toss.
- 5 Years Ago on the Podcast – John Franzone from the Tampa Bay Lightning joins Jon Cudo for long-overdue Hockey special. John explains the focus behind the Lighting’s excellent game production as well as reviewing promotions from around the country.
RSS Feed: http://www.gameops.com/feed
- coming soon
Find the Podcast on iTunes or use our RSS feed directly.
To listen to an audio podcast, mouse over the title and click Play. Open iTunes to download and subscribe to podcasts.