Frequent guest, touring act, Canadian National Treasure and professional fan Cameron Hughes is back for his biggest interview to date on the Party in the Back Podcast. This month Cameron’s book KING OF CHEER drops and we dig into this epic journey with an in-depth discussion.
We start with how this all came to be. A childhood memory seared into Cameron, the first time he decided to GET UP and the inspiration provided by his mother, father and friends along the way. The we dive into some of the fun from life on the road and a wild life worth reading about.
I’m calling it. My new book, King of Cheer will one day reach 270 copies sold. 🙏📚 pic.twitter.com/kU3s9QUqHr— Cameron Hughes (@cameroncheers) November 7, 2020
Cameron is definitely part of the game ops world, but this book is for anyone who needs an affirmation they too can get up and make the most of their lives.
For over 26 years, Cameron Hughes has ignited crowds at sporting events across the globe. Now, for the first time ever he’s letting everyone in on his big secret – how he became the world’s first professional fan. Cameron recounts the behind the scenes highs and lows of his unlikely career. It’s a story of getting up, showing up and never giving up that ensured his successes and will inspire the same for the reader.
- Last Month on the Podcast: MILB.com writer and part-time Awards Show Emcee Benjamin Hill joins host Jon Cudo to talk about the year that wasn’t in baseball promotions. Ben also shares highlights from the recent Innovators Summit, including his role as award bedraggled presenter.
- One Year Ago on the first episode of the Party in the Back Podcast:Amanda Greco joins Jon Cudo for a look at some of the best in 2019 as we move into the final weeks to nominate for the Best of 2019 Awards. Plus thoughts on ‘Best Practices’, authenticity, Baby Sharks and much more.
- Pandemic Changes Dance Production Value – The Rams and Texans dancers are adjusting their presentation to the new reality and the entertainment value is going up.
- Turkey Day Tradition in Waterloo – The Waterloo Black Hawks are celebrating 50 years of their Thanksgiving Game, a promotions stuffed with all the trimmings.
- Coyote Traveling Trick is a Treat – Spurs Coyote is not just sitting at home this Halloween, he has an epic Trick-or-Treat tour planned. Read more about this huge successful program.
- RED OUT in North Charleston – The ECHL has a partial start-up in December and the South Carolina Stingrays are roaring back with the first promotion we have seen.
- Keeping Proper Distance in PDX – The Portland Timbers and Providence Oregon measure the proper social distance in neckwear.
- Cameron Hughes Book Info on Cameron Hughes Website
- Cameron Hughes Website
I realized it’s not who doesn’t show up, it’s who does that matters.
RSS Feed: http://www.gameops.com/feed The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon
Game operations and entertainment in sports is growing, lively and diverse world. We are pulling together to talk about all aspects of event production and entertainment, and to get better along the way. Join us to connect, grow and advance. Memberships include a weekly Huddle Zoom Call with industry leaders and network members. July topics include Branding with Greg Monaco (Fearless Brands), Contestant Prep with Todd Bosma (Portland Trail Blazers) and Mascot Character Development with Rob Wicall. Free One Month Trial is available now.