This month on Party in the Back we party with Cyclones In-Game Host Jay Kruz and one-time co-host of the Gameops.com Podcast Pat Walker from 3 Point Productions.
First we check with with Jay to talk about how his radio background has shaped his in-arena style. We talk about the influence of TikTok on game presentation, the importance of the Savannah Bananas and the process of getting your our Bobblehead. Jay also shares some host insights and tips along the way.
Then Pat Walker returns to the podcast to celebrate the 11 year anniversary of the first pod on Gameops.com. Cudo and Walker revisit their favorite old segment called Yin Yang and debate the Mount Rushmore of Mascots, plus introduce a new segment called REAL or FAKE which proves to be an instant classic. Cudo challenges Pat to a game of Real or Fake with a series of premium giveaways sparked from the great Baseball Promos Twitter feed. They talk about promotions from the Richmond Flying Squirrels, Anaheim Angels, and Rocket City Trash Panda and Pat closes with some WNBA hype and some Sue Bird appreciation.
Thanks for listening and sharing the podcast.
- Last Month on the Podcast: Colleen Flynn from Boxxed Up joins the Party to talk about the suite of tools they have developed for mascots and teams. Plus Cameron Hughes on the importance of building traditions and much more.
- One Year Ago on the first episode of the Party in the Back Podcast: Ben Hill and Cameron Hughes join host Jon Cudo to talk about sparking a crowd, building a database of every teams’ promo calendar and what podcast jokes never get old.
- Five Years Ago on The Gameops.com Podcast: The May 2017 Podcast with Jon Cudo, Cameron Hughes, Steve Johnston and Lindsey Gullett.
- Cyclones Hold On To The Feelin’ – Cyclones tap into the feeling and present a spectacular in-game promotion.
- Jay Kruz Radio Bio
- Jay Kruz Bobblehead Night
- Jay Kruz Instagram – Facebook – Twitter
- Jetting with Jay Blog – How to be the best traveler you can be
- 3 Point Productions
Inflatable Brad Miller Towel Afternoon— Baseball Promotions (@baseball_promos) April 29, 2022
RSS Feed: https://www.gameops.com/feed/podcast
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon
Gameops.com Plus is our value-added membership site. It is a network to enhance the fan value of events. Twice a month we gather for an hour long discussion on an industry topic with a special guest to share their insights. Leaders like Claire Czerniuk, Zoltan Berensci, John Franzone, Tyler Ferraro, Maurice Brazelton, Jackie Maldonado, Todd Bosma, and Anton Wright have discussed topics from developing talent to building a home-field advantage. Upcoming calls include Zach Frongillo from the Savannah Bananas (7/27) and Colleen Flynn from Mascot-Link (7/13). Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.