Colleen Flynn from Boxxed Up joins the Party to talk about the suite of tools they have developed for mascots and teams. Their platform streamlines booking, payments & local delivery.
In our featured May content we take the PULSE of mascot delivery programs around the country. Many of the best programs stressed the importance to getting organized and routing big delivery days, which is exactly what Boxxed Up does. Colleen also talks about easing online payments and future plans for Boxxed Up.
We’re helping @Gnash00 get all his #HockeyHolidays delivered!— Boxxed Up (@Boxxed_Shop) December 11, 2020
Gift boxes include fan favs + items from #SmallBusiness + donation to @PredsFoundation per box sold 👏
Best gift in #Smashville delivered by your favorite cat 🎁https://t.co/2s7YY7cTK6 pic.twitter.com/ERshuxyKrt
Then author and Canadian National Treasure Cameron Hughes joins the podcast. We look at new and moments around sports including a baseball team looking to hire a Grandma as a first base coach, the importance of building traditions and spotting plants on scoreboard cams.
A great discussion this month, all the relevant links are below.
Thank you for listening and sharing the podcast.
- Last Month on the Podcast: MILB’s Ben Hill and Rob Wicall join host Jon Cudo for the Party in the Back Podcast. We discuss MLB realignment, sports promotions, mascots and more. Plus the introduction of new correspondent Harry Hill.
- One Year Ago on the first episode of the Party in the Back Podcast: Condors President Matthew Riley and Pat Walker join the Party in the back to talk about promotional nights and social media during the lockdown.
- Five Years Ago on The Gameops.com Podcast: Cudo and Guest Host Ben Hill look at the Anthem controversy in Nashville, notable promotions, Sauce Castillo Night in Sacramento. We also talk to Matt Beigun from the Unsuited Podcast.
- BoxxedUp IG
- BoxxedUp Twitter
- Boxxed Up Facebook
- PULSE: Mascot Deliveries
- Dancing in Detroit – Is it real or a plant? Check this Detroit Pistons Dance cam for their clever masking of the truth. (we reveal the answer in the pod)
- Growling Grannys in KZoo – The Growlers are making news with some playful hires and in-game entertainment.
- Playin’ Ball in Lansing – Making a moment for fans is a tradition in Lansing.
- King of Cheer by Cameron Hughes (Amazon Link)
- EPIC Cam – Mentioned in the podcast, the Dance Cam from Boston that is all kinds of great….and neither of us are sure if it is legit or a plant.
- November 2020 Party in the Back Podcast – Frequent guest, touring act, Canadian National Treasure and professional fan Cameron Hughes talks about his new book KING OF CHEER.
RSS Feed: http://www.gameops.com/feed
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon
Gameops.com Plus is our value-added membership site. It is a network to enhance the fan value of events. Three times a month we gather for a hour long discussion on an industry topic with a special guest to share their insights. Leaders like Claire Czerniuk, Jonny Greco, John Franzone, Barry Anderson, Colleen Flynn, Jackie Maldonado, Todd Bosma, and Kari Norvell have discussed topics from dance teams to creating custom music. January calls feature Cameron Hughes and guests from #TagBoard on the Gameops.com Plus Network. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.