This month we Party with Matthew Riley who has guided for the Bakersfield Condors in all 21 years of the team’s existence. We talk about Girl Rock promotion, Teddy Bear Toss, delivering 6 Packs of Beer to Fans, Fortnite Night and how the team is pivoting during the Corona Virus lockdown. Matthew provides some insight into his Presidential Library and a personal story about beloved player Colby Cave who died last month at the age of 25.
Then President of 3 Point Productions Pat Walker joins to look at the 2020 Water Cooler bracket. Pat reviews five of the best moments from April and settles in on the winner to advance in our giant bracket for 2020.
Enjoy the show.
- Last Month on the Podcast: In April we Party with social media thought-leader Tariq Ahmad at this critical time in sports. As the Corona Virus Pandemic has separated teams and fans one of the few connections left is via social media. Tariq shares how teams can shift their focus effectively to these virtual connections, what success looks like and how the landscape may change from here. Then we are joined by entertainment act Cameron Hughes. Cam is well know for spreading cheer and leading with enthusiasm and we need him now more than ever. Cameron looks at the value of our online connections and how doing what we normally do offline can be used during the lockdown online. Cameron wraps with the 2020 Water Cooler Bracket with his pick for the best Water Cooler Moment in March. A unique winner for a very different time in sports.
- 3 Point Productions on Twitter
- 3 Point Productions
- Bakersfield Condors Website
- Colby Cave Memorial Fund
- PULSE: Teddy Bear Toss
- Good to Great
- Ice to the Eskimos – Jon Spoelstra
- Veeck as in Wreck – Bill Veeck
- Fun is Good: The Book Review
- They Don’t Play Hockey in Heaven: A Dream, A Team, And My Comeback Season by Ken Baker
- Putting the Graphics Department to Work
- Panthers Mark their Virtual Territory with 5K
- JumboShrimp Go Big on Small Screen
- Do What You Do, Do It At Home
- Yard Goats Connect During Lockdown
RSS Feed: http://www.gameops.com/feed
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways.
Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon
To listen to an audio podcast, mouse over the title and click Play. Open iTunes to download and subscribe to podcasts.
Game operations and entertainment in sports is growing, lively and diverse world. We are pulling together to talk about all aspects of event production and entertainment, and to get better along the way. Join us to connect, grow and advance. Memberships include a weekly Huddle Zoom Call with industry leaders and network members. September guests are Heather Wojciechowski-DeCaire from the Milwaukee Admirals, Barry Anderson from Chicago Mascots and Kari Norvell from the Austin Gilgronis. Conversations will focus on virtual takeaways from the pandemic season of 2020, performer-first costuming to empower your performer and creating custom music in an era that is increasing difficult to navigate music rights and clearances. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.