Rob Wicall and Jon Cudo have about 50 years experience in costume. In this month’s podcast they work through part of their Top 10 Tips on how to succeed in costume. The podcast is related to a new featured article on Gameops.com this month called Mascot Mechanics.
Rob and Jon work through the first section called BE AWARE, looking at the value of being present in the moment in your character. How this effects your time outs, how to work around issues using referees and knowing what the fans want and expect.
Then the duo talks about being original and the value of being a creative force. In this section we broaden out the discussion to look at being original in your promotions. We take a look at the Charleston Riverdogs promotional calendar in 2019 which stood-out for its raw creative power. (See the 5 promotions featured in our week-long review in the Water Cooler).
Then Jon ‘speaks into existence’ some breaking news about the Gameops.com Podcast and Rob speaks an Ironman into his own existence. #AccomplishLife
- See Mascot Mechanics the Top 10 List for Mascots by Rob Wicall and Jon Cudo
- The Day “The Diff” Didn’t Die – The Diff is the true differentiator of the Cleveland basketball experience, read more about the Cleveland Cavaliers “Diff”
- Steve Kerr says ‘The Diff’ on the Cavs scoreboard is good ‘in case you can’t do math’ – Full story
- RiverDog Promotions featured in the Podcast
- Read The Coyote Interview about Creating a Celebrity
- Last month on the Podcast – Ben Hill, Dr Jim Tennison and Christian Stoinev join us to talk movie anniversary promotions, Copa logos, Mascot Lawsuits and whether or not to wear a shirt to work on the April Podcast.
- 5 Years Ago on the Podcast – Cudo talks with David Raymond and highlights promotions in sunny Tampa and how the Durham Bulls are using their promotional calendar to enhance the value of their in-game entertainment.
- Rob Wicall on Twitter
- Follow Rob Wicall’s Ironman journey
- WE NEED YOUR HELP! – Click for the Military Appreciation Night form, were you can share your military appreciation night experiences.
RSS Feed: http://www.gameops.com/feed
- coming soon
To listen to an audio podcast, mouse over the title and click Play. Open iTunes to download and subscribe to podcasts.
Game operations and entertainment in sports is growing, lively and diverse world. We are pulling together to talk about all aspects of event production and entertainment, and to get better along the way. Join us to connect, grow and advance. Memberships include a weekly Huddle Zoom Call with industry leaders and network members. September guests are Heather Wojciechowski-DeCaire from the Milwaukee Admirals, Barry Anderson from Chicago Mascots and Kari Norvell from the Austin Gilgronis. Conversations will focus on virtual takeaways from the pandemic season of 2020, performer-first costuming to empower your performer and creating custom music in an era that is increasing difficult to navigate music rights and clearances. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.