Bits are little crowd interactions that can be repeated, extemporaneous and often for a small audience.
Skits are a more planned production geared for a larger audience.
Here is a case of an impromptu bit that morphed into a skit from the Detroit Tigers’ mascot Paws. Paws showed some keen awareness after a little girl had a trade offer on a homemade sign….he took her up on the offer and then shared the story on his timeline.
Really fun interaction captured for Paws and then turned into a social media post.
Read more Mascot Tips and Techniques here:
- Mascot Mechanics – Wicall and Cudo boil down the mechanics of being a strong effective mascot character into 3 main traits: Be Aware, Be a Character and Be a Professional with 10 ways to keep your character focussed on success.
- April 2021 Party in the Back Podcast – MILB’s Ben Hill and Rob Wicall join host Jon Cudo for the Party in the Back Podcast. We discuss MLB realignment, sports promotions, mascots and more. Plus the introduction of new correspondent Harry Hill.
- Beginning, Middle and End of MeLVin – MeLVin’s mascot skit is short sweet and effective.
- Creating a Mascot Code of Conduct – Creating a “Mascot Code of Conduct” can help ensure your performer projects your brand and helps you avoid potentially catastrophe.
- Phillie Phanatic Mascot Tips – A great video on the Phanatic includes fantastic tutorial on mascotting for teams and performers.
- Mascot Tips from the Pros – We asked several top NBA mascots for their advice to aspiring mascots on how to advance their mascot career and get prepared for mascot opportunities.
Rules are rules. pic.twitter.com/RNx29ioYoL
— PAWS (@PAWSDetroit) April 5, 2021
Gameops.com Plus is a network to enhance the fan value of events. Twice a month we gather for an hour-long discussion on an industry topic with a special guest to share their insights. Leaders like Zack Frongillo (Savannah Bananas), Steve Johnston (Kroenke Sports), Claire Czerniuk (Detroit Pistons), Zoltan Berensci (Harlem Globetrotters), John Franzone (Tampa Bay Lightning), Tyler Ferraro (Vegas Golden Knights), Maurice Brazelton (Sacramento Kings), Jackie Maldonado (Houston Texans), Todd Bosma (Portland Trail Blazers), and Anton Wright (MLSE) have discussed a wide range of industry topics. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.