If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
For over 8 years the Gameops.com Podcast was a monthly staple of the site, now we have rebranded the podcast with a new name. This month we get everyone up to speed with the change and where it came from with Rob Wicall as our focus group.
Then we talk to Chris Grosse from Penn State University whose clever tweet was the Impetus for the name change. Chris also shares some sports marketing savvy and his Promotions 360, which is a technique to make your next idea all-encompassing.
Then we grab a couple minutes with the Omaha Storm Chasers Martie Cordaro on their successful Omaha Potholes Night (featured in this month’s High 5 Article).
- Follow Chris Grosse on Twitter – @Chris_Grosse
- Chris Grosse Tweet – The SportsBiz Iceburg
- Chris Grosse Tweet – SportsBiz Misconceptions
- Chris Grosse Tweet – Most Terrifying Mascots by State
- Chris Grosse Tweet – Promotions 360
- Promotions 360 Worksheet
- Read the High Five Article on the Omaha Storm Chasers Game
- Last month on the Podcast – May 2019 Podcast with Jon Cudo and Rob Wicall. The duo discusses the recent article called Mascot Mechanics, plus the originality of the Riverdog’s promo schedule and breaking news on about the podcast.
- Rob Wicall on Twitter
- Follow Rob Wicall’s Ironman journey
- WE NEED YOUR HELP! – Click for the Military Appreciation Night form, were you can share your military appreciation night experiences.
RSS Feed: http://www.gameops.com/feed
- coming soon
To listen to an audio podcast, mouse over the title and click Play. Open iTunes to download and subscribe to podcasts.
Gameops.com Plus is a network to enhance the fan value of events. Twice a month we gather for an hour-long discussion on an industry topic with a special guest to share their insights. Leaders like Zack Frongillo (Savannah Bananas), Steve Johnston (Kroenke Sports), Claire Czerniuk (Detroit Pistons), Zoltan Berensci (Harlem Globetrotters), John Franzone (Tampa Bay Lightning), Tyler Ferraro (Vegas Golden Knights), Maurice Brazelton (Sacramento Kings), Jackie Maldonado (Houston Texans), Todd Bosma (Portland Trail Blazers), and Anton Wright (MLSE) have discussed a wide range of industry topics. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.