The February Party in the Back Podcast features guest Rob Wicall. Cudo and Wicall reflect moments of silence and tributes in the wake of Kobe Bryant’s untimely death. The discussion includes the difficulty of balancing a mascots traditional role with the somber mood of a tribute.
Rob Wicall also shares insight on creating anticipation with fans and the powerful effects you can achieve by making people wait for the moment. Finally, Rob and Jon look at the January candidates for the Water Cooler Moment of the Month and Rob picks the winner. See the links below for additional related content discussed on the show.
- Last Month on the Podcast: Power of Fun Author David Raymond shares what he learned from his legendary mascot career about the Power of Fun and how to use that in your life. Then Canadian National Treasure Cameron Hughes joins to tear a few shirts off and talk about a new Water Cooler review.
- Remembering Kobe Bryant
- Circus Time Outs
- Bears Break Bear Record
- Cavs Produce Glorious Open for MLK Game
- Celebrating Popcorn Day
- Dust off the Whale Suit!
- Pink Promotional Anniversary in SA
- TEDx San Antonio: Life According to Fur – It is amazing what can be learned by wearing a costume for a living! Rob Wicall will reminisce, while examining how serving a community has made him a better person. Rob will discuss how he created impactful moments, and how we all can use these purposeful tools to further our personal and business relationships.
- PULSE: Teddy Bear Toss
- Hitmen Teddy Bear Toss
- High Five – Portland Winterhawks
- Aloha Rodeo by David Wolman – Book review and the link to The Weird and Glorious Reign of Nike’s Superhero Swoosh
RSS Feed: http://www.gameops.com/feed The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon
To listen to an audio podcast, mouse over the title and click Play. Open iTunes to download and subscribe to podcasts.