Speak to your fans in a language they will understand. Which in a related twist might mean others may have no idea what the hell you are talking about.
Case and Point: This great Ladies Night promotion from the Muskegon Lumberjacks. Ladies Nights are a fine way to engage with your female fans and the team has the promotion in good form with ticket, food, beer and wine, Mary Kay gift bag and a pre-game talk from the coach. VIP treatment and some nice exclusive perks.
While the promo was technically called Hockey ‘n Heels, I really enjoyed the twitter call out for Deer Widows. For those who live in a non-hunting part of the world I’m guessing the team is a bit confusing. Here is a definition (Hunter/Deer Widow)
- 10 Things Wisconsin Deer Widows Can Do This Season
- Your Michigan guide to Deer Widows Weekend
- Things to Do: Deer Widows Weekend
- Three Cures for the Deer Widow Blues
- ‘Deer widows’ are hardly mourning: Malls, casinos and entertainers have plenty for them to do
— Muskegon Lumberjacks (@MuskegonJacks) November 14, 2019