For the 12th consecutive year the December Podcast features a Roundtable Discussion about the Best of Gameops.com Awards. While the show of course features lots of attention and love for the winners, this is also a great collective on game presentation from some important industry voices.
For example, we look at who won the Best Act of 2022 but Rich Meyers and Amanda Greco (with over 30 years of experience leading and directing shows) talk about why acts are so valuable and how to get the most from the acts.
While presenting the winners of the Best On-Field Content MILB Expert Ben Hill reflects on the changes since COVID that face teams and how teams are adjusting and reacting to this new landscape.
It’s a fun hour talking about both the winners, peppered with thoughtful insightful about game operation and presentation from four real students of the game.
The Roundtable covers all the winners, honorable mentions, staff picks and industry thoughts on the seven categories of the Best of 2022 Awards.
Had a GREAT roundtable discussion for the December Party in the Back Podcast to discuss the Best of 2022 Awards. Should drop on Thursday. pic.twitter.com/3Cs3wdbqzP— Gameops.com (@gameopsdotcom) November 29, 2022
The Panel this year featured:
- Amanda Greco began her career with the Utah Starzz and Utah Jazz. She has been an event producer for several Olympic venues, LA Kings, Cleveland Cavaliers, and sporting and entertainment events like the NCAA Basketball Tournament. In 2022 Amanda co-founded Shine Entertainment.
- Rich Meyers is an award-winning executive producer and experienced business developer who specializes in bringing ideas to life. Meyers worked with teams including the Grand Rapids Griffins and Edmonton Oilers to create memorable moments. Rich currently serves as the Chief Experience Officer for CUE Audio and is the Founder of Playbook Solutions.
- Benjamin Hill has been writing for MiLB.com since 2005 when he started his run of league-leading coverage of the quirky and off-beat world of minor league baseball promotions. His popular promotional prose is must read material for sports executives across the county.
- Jon Cudo is the founder of Gameops.com. His wide-ranging experience includes the Minnesota Timberwolves, Nike Sports Entertainment, Portland Fire, Cleveland Cavaliers and WWE…plus the last 24 years producing Gameops.com.
Thanks for listening and sharing the podcast.
- Last Month on the Podcast: A special edition of the podcast with guest Jon Long from the Newfoundland Growlers. Jon talks about the tragic loss of mascot performer Chris Abbott who passed away after over 27 years performing at Buddy the Puffin. We discuss how the team and community is moving forward in the wake of the loss. Plus Ben Hill on the year in Minor League Baseball.
- One Year Ago on the first episode of the Party in the Back Podcast: A Roundtable Discussion regarding the Best of 2021 Awards on Gameops.com. Host Jon Cudo is joined by three industry giants who take the party to the next level.
- Five Years Ago on The Gameops.com Podcast: Special Round Table Edition of the Podcast with Jon Cudo, Ben Hill and Scott Carter talking about the 2017 Best of Gameops.com Awards.
- Check out the Best of 2022 on Gameops.com, covering winners like the Dallas Stars, Gritty, Weiner Dog Races and Design your Own Jersey Night.
RSS Feed: https://www.gameops.com/feed/podcast
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon (maybe)
Find the Podcast on iTunes or use our RSS feed directly.