Bravo for this Rochester Awareness Night.
Also a big thumbs up to the alternative name “Deaf Culture“, which highlights the unique social behavior and norms for those who are hearing impaired. The game in partnership with Rochester Institute of Technology’s National Technical Institute for the Deaf and Rochester School for the Deaf includes American Sign Language jerseys.
- Interpreters from Interpretek will be on site during the game at Frontier Field to assist fans at the Ticket Office, concession stands, guest services, Team Store, and various other locations around the ballpark.
- The 7th inning will be a “signed inning,” without public address announcements or music, to raise further awareness about deafness.
- Portions of the game will be captioned on the videoboard.
- The National Anthem and God Bless America will be signed by RIT/NTID and RSD students.
- Rochester School for the Deaf will be collecting school supplies during the game.
“Based on the popularity and success of our first event in 2019, we are proud to partner with RIT/NTID and the Rochester School for the Deaf for our second annual Deaf Culture Day at Frontier Field. It was such a cool and unique event in 2019 and we look forward to making this an even bigger and better celebration of the deaf community and the important impact that deaf citizens have had in Rochester. We look forward to hosting many deaf members of the Rochester community and their families, as well as members of the RIT/NTID student body, while educating all fans about deaf culture,” Rochester Red Wings General Manager Dan Mason
RSD Dean of Students Sarah Gordon added “I can tell you that after missing the Red Wing’s Deaf Culture baseball game last year, due to pandemic restrictions, all in the Rochester School for the Deaf family and community are very much looking forward to the event this year. Hands waving high to the Red Wings Baseball players and management staff who embrace the diversity of Rochester’s rich Deaf culture and American Sign Language community.”
Can't wait to host our 2nd Annual Deaf Culture Game tonight!
— Rochester Plates (@RocRedWings) September 2, 2021
- Pelicans Deaf Jam – Myrtle Beach Goes Silent to Spread Awareness.
- Pawsox Put Pride in Deaf Awareness Night – Pawsox enlist Curtis Pride in their well-considered upcoming Deaf Awareness Night.
- Windy City Deaf Awareness Night – Windy City Bulls turned out a big Deaf Awareness Night.
Gameops.com Plus is our value-added membership site. We are connecting sports professional at all level and across sports to enhance the value of our events. Three times a month we gather for a hour long discussion on an industry topic with a special guest to share their insights. Leaders like Claire Czerniuk , Jonny Greco, Barry Anderson, Colleen Flynn, Rob Wicall, Todd Bosma, and Kari Norvell have discussed topics from dance teams to creating custom music. This month we feature a creative mascot session with Rance Ristau from the Spurs and getting your music on-brand with the LA Clippers. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.