Changes in Washington DC as the Capitals discontinue their live organist moving forward this year.
Organists can add an improvised fresh element for teams and several have broken through in recent years for their playful riffs and unexpected delights including Matt Kaminski with the Braves and the new tandem of organists for the Cubs.
Link to a really nice article explaining the change in DC along with the history of the organist that is worth a look.
- Dust off the Organ(ist) – Organist from 1970’s Movie is alive and well, now playing at Climate Pledge Arena for the Kraken.
- Gettin’ Greazy in Charlotte – Greazy Keys and the Greaze Pit are getting greazy in the Queen City.
- Music Operator Gets Tossed – What to do when your organist gets tossed for playing Three Blind Mice (or Lady of Spain).
- Socially Savvy Showmen – Organists are building a bridge directly to fans using social media.
- August 2022 Party in the Back Podcast -In August we Party with Matthew Kaminski, who Sports Illustrated called “an expert troll” on social media. Matthew shares his experience as the Atlanta Braves Organist. Plus Rob Wicall talks about the first installment of his new series Impact Moments.
- October 2021 Party in the Back Podcast – Sky Element Drone Pilot Preston Ward and Charlotte Sports Organist Greazy Keyz join the Party in the Back to talk about their entertaining additions to sports.
Not a good sign when a team prefers ‘canned’ music over a live musician. https://t.co/idarFSiVv6
— #61 Matthew Kaminski 🎹 (@bravesorganist) September 22, 2022