This month on Party in the Back we party with a World Champion Organist from the Atlanta Braves. Matthew Kaminski has been combining a flair on the ivory with an innovation on social media to create a ‘game within the game’ for Braves fans. His walk up song selections keep fans on their toes and engaged in the game (and broadcast) and he has been called ‘the most notable feature at Atlanta’s Truist Park‘.
We talk to Matthew about his fourteen year journey with the Braves including industry organists who have inspired him, how the game flows between his bumps and the music operator and how he doles out the black check marks to savvy fans.
On throwing out the first pitch at the GreenJackets Game:
I throw like an organist. 🤣
Plus Matthew talks about the pros and cons of sitting in the Press Box as opposed to be out with the fans. And finally he shares his experience on the road playing for a minor league as guest organist….which included throwing out the first pitch.
BIG NEWS! I’ll be playing my FIRST minor league game for the Augusta GreenJackets on July 15th! I’m so excited! I’ve played many college baseball games, but never a minor league game. @GreenJackets pic.twitter.com/BYEEwAEMxi— Matthew Kaminski – Atlanta Braves Organist 🎹 (@bravesorganist) June 22, 2022
Then Rob Wicall joins the Party to talk about the first installment of his new content series on Gameops.com called Impact Moments. While Rob got his industry start as a mascot, he has always looked at the game operations though the lens of a producer. His column offers the benefits of extending your show to everyone on staff including ushers and security.
Plus Cudo and Wicall talk about the July 2022 Mascot U program at the Mascot Hall of Fame, including a speaking appearance by the mascot GOAT.
Thanks for listening and sharing the podcast.
- Last Month on the Podcast: This month we party with the Grecos, Jonny and Amanda, who shine in the debut joint appearance on the Podcast. We talk crowd-sourcing, promotional stacking, experience and the value of a good scream.
- One Year Ago on the first episode of the Party in the Back Podcast: Ben Hill and Cameron Hughes join the Party in the Back to talk about ballpark haircuts, Scout Nights, Barbershop Quartets, Ballpark Characters, Mullets and much more.
- Five Years Ago on The Gameops.com Podcast: Atlanta Hawks CEO Steve Koonin talks game presentation, marketing, on-line dating and more in the August Podcast.
- Best of 2010: Matthew Kaminsky wins Best Entertainment Group of 2010
- October 2021 Party in the Back Podcast: Sky Element Drone Pilot Preston Ward and Charlotte Sports Organist Greazy Keyz join the Party in the Back to talk about their entertaining additions to sports.
- Stadium Organ Sounds Tracks by Matthew Kaminski
- We have migrated The Store on Gameops.com. We invite all the Party in the Back listeners to check out the new site. You can click The Store Logo in the header, or click here. Helpful tools like Chuck-a-Pucks, T-Shirt Launchers, Confetti and more await.
- Our PULSE articles are quick trips around sports asking Game Operations personnel a topical question. We bulk the answers together to showcase what’s happening at different levels and sports. We are currently building a new Pulse article covering Star Wars Nights. Please help us by taking a few minutes to complete a short survey on your Star Wars Night. Thank you!
- Between the Fur: Carrie Norwood (Southpaw) – This former Southpaw performer for the White Sox shares some of her more memorable moments from life in costume.
- Freeze is Promotional Magic – Seeing the Freeze Win is a Water Cooler-level promotion every night. Every other ending is damn near magic for this amazing promotional thriller.
- Recap: Marketing Your Delivery Program. – Colleen Flynn and a gaggle of industry insiders discuss marketing strategies and best practices around Mascot Delivery Programs.
RSS Feed: https://www.gameops.com/feed/podcast
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon (maybe)
Find the Podcast on iTunes or use our RSS feed directly.