25 year game operations veteran Miguel Vargas joins the podcast to talk about sports in the bubble and beyond. Miguel is the Director of Entertainment for the Carolina Panthers and Charlotte FC. Vargas had an interesting journey to his current role. We talk about how he climbed the ladder and continue to find success along the way. Then we look at the MLS bubble in Orlando, as well as how each league is setting up their game operations coming out of the shutdown.
How did Charlotte FC come to be?— Charlotte FC (@CharlotteMLS) July 27, 2020
Read the story behind our name, crest and colors 👑https://t.co/wBIBoMUH5b
Amanda Greco rejoins the party to talk about the best Water Cooler Moments in July. Amanda reviews promotions from the Boston Celtics, Indiana Pacers, Kalamazoo Wings and Minnesota Vikings before naming her favorite. Great breakdowns and insights from Amanda.
- Last Month on the Podcast: Top Dog from Street Characters Glenn Street joins the Party to discuss his journey from mascot to costumer. Glen shares the importance of having all three critical parts of a mascot program in place in order to succeed. Then he cleans up with a new product designed to sanitize costumes and keep viruses from spreading from your costume. Glenn also drops an important mascot tip for performers to keep at top of mind while in costume. Next we party with MiLB scribe Benjamin Hill to look at the season we are missing in Minor League Baseball. Ben notes some top promotions he’s missing. Then Ben helps Cudo pick the Water Cooler Moment of the Month between three top June Promotions, which leads to Ben’s amazing story from Jackson, Mississippi.
- One Year Ago on the first episode of the Party in the Back Podcast: Vegas Golden Knights VP of Entertainment Production Jonny Greco joins the pod to talk Storytelling and the Four E’s of Event Entertainment. Must-listen level podcast guest Jonny Greco talks about his Storytelling Philosophy and discusses the four E’s of Event Entertainment on August 2019 Party in the Back Podcast. Jonny has been telling stories on the biggest stages in sports, including the Olympics, WWE, MLB, NBA and most recently with the award-winning 2018 Stanley Cup Finalist Vegas Golden Knights. Find out when it’s okay to fail, what to have ready when you do and what is the Kryptonite to Creativity.
- A Song Breaks Out in Kzoo
- Vikings and Kirk Cousins Connect with Fans
- Handwritten Love from Indy
- Celtic Heroes Among Us
- Rally Wear (Yowie, Bammies, Huggle) and Face Masks
- Dan Migala on Promotions, Sports and Marketing
- Bam Bams/Thunderstix Noisemakers
- Entry Form Giveaway
RSS Feed: http://www.gameops.com/feed
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon
Gameops.com Plus is our value-added membership site. It is a network to enhance the fan value of events. Twice a month we gather for an hour long discussion on an industry topic with a special guest to share their insights. Leaders like Claire Czerniuk, Zoltan Berensci, John Franzone, Tyler Ferraro, Maurice Brazelton, Colleen Flynn, Jackie Maldonado, Todd Bosma, and Kari Norvell have discussed topics from dance teams to creating custom music. May calls feature Josh Sabo from the NBA Cavs/MLB Guardians discussing how to maximize your music bumper library and Jonny Greco from the Seattle Kraken looking at the 5 ‘E’s of an Experience. Free One Month Trial is available now on Gameops.com PLUS.