This month we Party with social media thought-leader Tariq Ahmad at this critical time in sports. As the Corona Virus Pandemic has separated teams and fans one of the few connections left is via social media. Tariq shares how teams can shift their focus effectively to these virtual connections, what success looks like and how the landscape may change from here. (Note: I mistakenly mention Tariq was on the podcast in 2011, it was actually March 2014)
We are also joined by entertainment act Cameron Hughes. Cam is well know for spreading cheer and leading with enthusiasm and we need him now more than ever. Cameron looks at the value of our online connections and how doing what we normally do offline can be used during the lockdown online. Cameron wraps with the 2020 Water Cooler Bracket with his pick for the best Water Cooler Moment in March. A unique winner for a very different time in sports.
And as noted in the show, here is the Instagram post I recommend you watch with no volume if you want to believe Cameron has completely lost his mind while in self-imposed quarantine.
Enjoy the show.
- Last Month on the Podcast: Yard Goats GM Mike Abramson talks about teaching fans baseball, Game of Throne-themed hamburger, effective social media and a lingering passion for the Whalers. We have an excerpt from our interview with Author Josh Pahigan and we close with Amanda Greco on the 2020 Water Cooler Bracket.
- Cameron Cheers on Twitter
- Cameron Cheers on Instagram
- Cameron Hughes Website
- Tariq Ahmad on Twitter
- Tariq Ahmad on LinkedIn
- March 2014 Podcast with Tariq Amhad and Pat Walker
- Eric Bonanno – Hockey 101
- The Amazing Baseball Adventure – Josh Pahigian
- In-Game Promotion remade to In-Home Promotion
- Quarantine Jam
- Power Up Education from Richmond
- Driving Thanks in Rochester
RSS Feed: http://www.gameops.com/feed
The Party in the Back Podcast: If Sports Marketing was a mullet hairdo this podcast covers ‘The Party in the Back‘. We’ll let someone else do the data, analytics, spreadsheets and budgets… We’re talking about the FUN: In-game contests, theme nights, mascots, dancers, social media, atmosphere and giveaways. Join us at the Party in the Back for our monthly discussion with industry leaders on the fun side of Sports Marketing.
- coming soon
To listen to an audio podcast, mouse over the title and click Play. Open iTunes to download and subscribe to podcasts.
Game operations and entertainment in sports is growing, lively and diverse world. We are pulling together to talk about all aspects of event production and entertainment, and to get better along the way. Join us to connect, grow and advance. Memberships include a weekly Huddle Zoom Call with industry leaders and network members. July topics include Branding with Greg Monaco (Fearless Brands), Contestant Prep with Todd Bosma (Portland Trail Blazers) and Mascot Character Development with Rob Wicall. Free One Month Trial is available now.