Ben Hill from MILB.com explains Copa De La Diversion for the rest of us, including some well-honed Spanish pronunciations. He talks about the 33 new team identities, best logos and some in-game and promotions connected with the Fun Cup.
Conrad Bradburn from the Memphis Redbirds (aka Memphis Musica) joins to talk about the Redbirds plans for Musica. Conrad also talk about how the NBA teams bolstered their in-show elements for Noches Latino.
Click to play, or right click to download the audio file
Related Links and mentions from the show:
- 5 Years Ago – April 2013 Podcast
- Ben’s Biz
Visit us on iTunes for our full library of Podcast Episodes.
RSS Feed: http://www.gameops.com/rss/rss.xml
We welcome your feedback on the show. Thoughts, suggestions, or requested topics. We are listening!
Show Notes and Mentions
Time codes for topics due in part to the complaints submitted by Mick Rowan.
- 1:00 We talk Noches Latino and some branding.
- 2:00 The Milwaukee Brewers Italian Heritage Night and a story about name translation
- 2:45 Ben Hill joins to talk Copa De La Diversion
- 5:45 The difference between Los Bulls and Del Toros
- 11:00 Brooklyn Jefes promotional weekend plans
- 13:00 Ben talks about the best Logos and names from the 33 teams
- 17:30 Lessons from the Fresno Tacos on revenue
- 25:00 Conrad Bradburn joins to talk about Memphis’ plans this summer
- 28:00 In-game additions for the Fun Cup
- 30:00 Effective ideas the Cleveland Cavaliers used for their Latin Nights
Thanks to drunkdude69 for our fancy bumper music.