January 2020 we started a new feature on Gameops.com, the 2020 Water Cooler Bracket. Each month on the Party in the Back Podcast one of our guests will help determine the best Water Cooler Moment from the previous month. We will enter them into a bracket and at the end of 2020 we will have a poll to see which was the Best Moment of the Year.
Of course this is mostly subjective, but all the great Water Cooler Moments are. Along the way we have a chance to look back and review those that made us laugh, think or engage. We will keep a running bracket along the way.
Make sure you listen to the Party in the Back Podcast each month. You can also comment on tweets (or the Water Cooler pages) to note your favorites. RT or Like the tweets if you think they are strong and we will make sure to consider them as well. See below for the month by month review.
September – Rob Wicall rejoins to walk about the best of August at the Water Cooler. – September 2020 Party in the Back Podcast
- Put Your Fans In Their Place
- Gnash Sends Referee a Note
- Duck Duck Gray Duck
- Free Pot Giveaway in Saint Paul
- Shooting Shirts via Twitter
Rob picked the Bowling Green Hot Rod’s Put Fans in their Place efforts, which will be entered into our Water Cooler Moment of the Year poll contest.
August – Amanda Greco rejoins to walk about the best of July at the Water Cooler. – August 2020 Party in the Back Podcast
- A Song Breaks Out in Kzoo
- Vikings and Kirk Cousins Connect with Fans
- Handwritten Love from Indy
- Celtic Heroes Among Us
Amanda selected the Celtics Heroes Among Us promotion as the top choice for July. – July 2020 Party in the Back Podcast
July – Our guest was Ben Hill from MILB.com.
- Isotopes Give The Mound to Top Grads
- Pistol Pete Publicizes Paternal Promotion
- Bears Shooting T-Shirts in Hershey
Ben selected the MBraves Father’s Day promotion, which he also covered in a fantastic story on MILB. Check it out here.
June – Our guest was Anne Wright who dig into her deep game operations knowledge to review these promotions. – June 2020 Party in the Back Podcast
- Gatorland Mascot Debut
- Whataburger in El Paso
- Biscuit Has Been Busy
- Timberwolves Dancers Get Good at Zoom
Anne believed thinking of the future is critical at this time and picked the Timberwolves Dancers Zoom Dance.
May – Guest Pat Walker whittles down the best of the Water Cooler. – May 2020 Party in the Back Podcast
- Putting the Graphics Department to Work
- Panthers Mark their Virtual Territory with 5K
- JumboShrimp Go Big on Small Screen
- Do What You Do, Do It At Home
- Yard Goats Connect During Lockdown
Pat chose the Mercury and Captains graphic jersey offering as the May winner for it reach and impact.
April – Our guest was Cameron Hughes on the April 2020 Party in the Back Podcast
- In-Game Promotion remade to In-Home Promotion
- Quarantine Jam
- Power Up Education from Richmond
- Driving Thanks in Rochester
Cameron’s favorite was the Rochester Red Wings thoughtful handwritten notes promotion, noting the heart and message brought by the team.
March – Our guest was Amanda Greco. – March 2020 Party in the Back Podcast
- St. Paul Saints Talking Trash
- Military Cards in Cola
- Winterhawks Plane Toss
- Tic Tac – Oh No
- Dapper Cam in Springfield
After some careful deliberation, Amanda selected the Winterhawks Plane Toss as her favorite for the month.
February – Rob Wicall share the entire hour on the Podcast and closed with a look at the best moments in January. – February 2020 Party in the Back Podcast
- Bears Break Bear Record
- Cavs Produce Glorious Open for MLK Game
- Celebrating Popcorn Day
- Dust off the Whale Suit!
- Pink Promotional Anniversary in SA
Rob chose the Hershey Bears Teddy Bear Toss as the winner.
January – Canadian National Treasure and touring act Cameron Hughes kicked off the year (January 2020 Party in the Back Podcast) and looked at the best December had to offer, starting with:
- Quiet and Powerful
- Lights Take the Spotlight in Toronto
- Experience this Amazing Ticket Offer in Fresno
- Padres Roll Sox Fans
- Tis the Season with Timber Joey
Cameron had a great method to review these. He simply asked: “Can you Feel it?”. He certainly felt Taylor University’s Silent Night and pick it as this month’s winner.