Cold Cut Combat
David Raymond on Life as a Mascot
Fur and Loathing
Lessons from a Multi-tasking Mascot
Best of 2011: The Gameops.com Review (continued)
Best Contest or On-field Promotion:
What promotion or contest is the most entertaining. For example, a "Chuck-a-puck" contest. This is a repeatable on-field promotion that is held in-game. Consider entertainment value, creativity, local connections, sponsorship possibilities, cost, and repeatability.
Winner: Sue Bird Racing
Rarely do we have 100% agreement by our diverse panel, but Sue Bird Racing brought everyone together in 2011.
The Seattle Storm created a series of race feature videos with their players, most notably Sue Bird racing. Sue Bird Racing featured a creative use of Rider Costumes (also see Riders™). Three players raced to make baskets while riding on an Ostrich, Duck and Chicken, including great attention to detail with branded hats and a Big Bird-style nest. Amazing player integration by the Storm.
Our panelists applauded the rampant creativity and attention to detail presented by the Seattle Storm and gave this race our top honors in 2011.
- Best of 2010: The Gameops.com Review - Kiss Cam (MN Twins)
- Best of 2009: The Gameops.com Review - Sausage Race (Milwaukee Brewers )/Presidents Race (Washington Nationals)
- Best of 2008: The Gameops.com Review - Chuck-a-Puck(Fort Wayne Komets)
- Best of 2007: The Gameops.com Review - Presidents Race (Washington Nationals)
- Best of 2006: The Gameops.com Review - Inflat-a-Bull Races (Chicago Bulls)
- Best of 2005: The Gameops.com Review - Florida Lottery Beach Ball Promotion (Orlando Magic)
- Best of 2004: The Gameops.com Review - Human Sling Shot Hockey Puck
- Best of 2003: The Gameops.com Review - Sausage Race (Milwaukee Brewers)
- Best of 2002: The Gameops.com Review - Parachute Prize Drop
Listen to the Best of 2011 Audio Round Table discussing all the categories and winners with out panel of Cudo, Walker, Carter and Hill. Podcast - December 2011
2011 Category Pages
Also on Gameops.com
See dozens of popular game promotions, along with video and insight in our Promotions Spotlight section. Also visit The Store at Gameops.com where we have many turn-key sponsor-friendly promotions and game entertainment resources available.The Mascot Hall of Fame
Build el Burrito
Faces Behind The Fur
Cold Cut Combat
Enhancement or Annoyance
Digital Picure Frame